Yes, you will need to provide SBBH with a valid skipper’s ticket or Australian Boat Licence prior to hire, please email this through to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your driving licence.
If a hirer does not have an approved marine qualification to present at time of pick up the Hire Period will be cancelled, and no refund given.
If Shark Bay Boat Hire staff have concerns regarding the competency or experience of the Hirer the booking may be cancelled for the safety of the customer. Refunds in this instance will be assessed on a case by case basis.
All Hirers must be at least 21 years of age.
Full to Full. (Unleaded) If the boat comes back below full, without prior arrangement, we will charge the receipted pump rate for fuel plus an additional $100.00 service fee. This will be taken out of the held bond.
We have limited life jacket available so please state you need life jackets at time of booking. These go on Children’s weight. Monkey Mia kayak hire can provide extras if more are needed., please arrange collection for this before hiring our boat.
We apply minimum hire periods during School holidays for Bulawayo only:
- Minimum booking of 3 Days is required during all peak periods
Please note an extra charge of $25.00 will apply for drop off and pickups on public holidays on all vessels.
No, Shark Bay Boat Hire deals directly with each customer upon confirmation of a booking.
Fishing Roads – $25.00 per rod per day
Mooring Equipment – $50.00 per hire
Additional Esky – $20.00 per day
No unfortunately we only offer a dry hire.
Please be aware this is a Dry Hire Service, we do not make any guarantee that you are going to catch a fish. We will do everything we can to point you in the right direction and provide a GPS with marks put in by other users who have been successful. If you don’t catch fish, there is still an amazing marine environment to enjoy that is hardly equalled on Earth. If you feel you need the guarantee of fish, please book on with a local fishing charter.
We encourage families to use our boat to see the magic Shark Bay has to offer, a day on the water can open your eyes to all this wonderful wild life we have to offer here as well as breath taking coastal lines.
As the hirer it is your responsibility to follow all marine legislation, both State and Federal. You are to comply with all directions from Public Officers. You are responsible for any fines or infringements incurred during your hire period.
Payment & Cancelation Policy
Yes, No hire is secure without a 50% deposit paid. Single day hires need to be paid in full.
- We accept Visa or Master Credit cards over the phone during WA office hours.
- A Direct Deposit into our account is also encouraged if familiar with Australia Internet banking OR International banking (Fees apply for an international bank transfer).
- You can ‘PAY NOW” on your invoice, please note a 2.9% surcharge applies for this service.
- A customer can also email credit card details over an email; however, this is not encouraged.
Visa or Master Cards only.
- Cancellations under 30 days prior to pick up attract non-refundable 100% of the deposit.
- Cancellations 30+ days prior to pick up – 50% of the deposit will be refunded.
- If cancelled on the day of pick up or no show, the customer is liable for the balance due of hire.
- Changes to hire dates are subject to availability.
- If a hire is altered twice, then cancelled, no deposit is refunded.
- If your bond is not approved on collect of the hire boat, you will still be charged the full hire amount.
If you have booked the boat and are concerned about the weather please let us know, Shark Bay is a wonderful part of the world and one of the many privileges we have is if one gulf of the bay is forecast to be windy the chances are the other gulf will be magic. If a named Cyclone or Tropical Low Pressure System is within 48 Hours of reaching Shark Bay Waters all hires will be cancelled and refunds given.
No, once the hire has commenced there is no refund for earlier drop off.
- The balance is due upon pick up of your vessel, unless you wish to pay off in advance
- No hire will commence without full payment being made
No, not upon pick up unless it is a public holiday. All extra charges are known to the customer before pick up.
$500.00 will be pre-authorised from your credit card on the day of hire, failure to provide a bond will result in hire period being cancelled with no refund. No cash bonds will be accepted. SBBH will return the bond electronically on completion of a detailed inspection of the vessel, which SBBH will endeavour to do within 24 hours.
- Your Bond amount is a pre-authorisation though our merchant facility at pick up via a visa or master credit card then held for up to 14 days after drop off.
- Your excess amount will be pre-authorised on commencement of hire of $500.00, if for any reason this is declined please note the hire will not commence and no refund will be given.
- Customers will be notified of any deductions taken from this via email.
- The credit card holder must be present at vessel collection.
- The credit card holder is jointly and soley liable for any damage to the vessel .
- Shark Bay Boat hire will not be held responsible for any overdraft fees based on this policy. Please check with your bank for more information.
Please note: even though a pre-authorisation is not an actual charge, it will temporarily reduce the available balance on your payment card.
Damage happens, all we ask is that you report any damage to us when checking the boat back in.
- Public Holiday Pick-up: $25.00
- Public Holiday Drop off: $25.00
- International Bank Transfer depending on the country and amount ($10.00-$20.00)
- Excess hours: $100.00 per extra hour used
- Fuel: Pump price plus $100.00 service fee
- Extra cleaning charges: $100.00/hour (only if vessel is not up to standard upon drop off)
- Key recovery: $250.00
Each vessel has a daily allowance of 8 hours engine run time per day included in the hire rate, additional engine hours will be charged at $100 each.
No unfortunately you are not permitted to drive from Dusk until Dawn.
Please get in touch and speak to us about where you plan on taking the Vessel and we will advise you which one would be best suited and where you can and can’t go.
|Vessel||Denham||Monkey Mia||Steep Point||Dirk Hartog||Nanga||Tamala||Big Lagoon|
|Bulawayo||Yes||Yes||By Water Only||By Water Only||By Water Only||By Water Only||By Water Only|
|Malo||Yes||Yes||By Water Only||By Water Only||By Water Only||By Water Only||By Water Only|
|Bay – Bee||Yes 2nm||Yes 2nm||No||No||Towed Only||No||Towed Only|
Steep Point, Dirk Hartog Island and Cape Peron: These are all home to some of the best fishing in WA, we have a mooring available for you to set up camp so the boat is safe. These Expedition Style hire periods will only be confirmed once the Skipper has demonstrated proficiency to SBBH management.
At no time is the boat trailer to be left unattached from a vehicle in a boat ramp car park or on a public area. If a trailer is reported unattached by the Shire Ranger or any Government Representative $250.00 will be deducted from the bond to cover fines and related administration costs.
If you have booked the boat and are concerned about the weather please let us know, Shark Bay is a wonderful part of the world and one of the many privileges we have is if one gulf of the bay is forecast to be windy the chances are the other gulf will be magic.
Pick up and Drop off
We do not offer half day hires and our bookings are based on a calendar day. Our Calendar day starts at 7:00a.m and ends at 5.00pm
On your finale day of hire the boat must be returned by 5.00pm, charges will apply at $50.00 per hour if the boat is returned after this time.
Where possible we will get the boat to you the night before your hire day so you can get on the water nice and early, this is not a guarantee depending on previous days hire. This will be no earlier than 4.30pm. Morning check outs will be no earlier than 7.00am
In Denham, our vessels are located at the Hardware store 6 Dampier Road. Please note this is only where we store them so you will need to make appointment for us to meet you there.
Yes at a charge of $75.00 each way.
Yes, you will need a Vehicle able to tow the vessel yourself, if you do not have this you are able to add our walk on, walk off service onto your hire.
We do offer a walk on walk off service where you do not have the worry of launching the boat yourself, this comes at an extra charge and is subject to availability. Please state your need this service when booking your hire.
- Denham: $75.00
- Monkey Mia: $150.00
Yes, no hire will commence without the skipper present. We will need to sight a valid skippers ticket and driving licence (photocopies are not accepted) and all drivers are required to sign the rental agreement.
Yes, you are required to return the vessel fully fuelled on drop off. You will be charged the pump price plus a $100.00 service fee if the vessel is not returned fully fuelled.
Please ensure that you have taken any rubbish away, wash down the deck, disposed of any bait, fish, guts and scales. The Boat is to be cleaned as well as possible with the supplied deck wash. SBBH will flush the motors and fresh water wash the boats on return.
Vessels returned in poor condition will attract an additional cleaning charge at the applicable rate of $100.00 per hour for services rendered.